Monday, September 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Cami!!!

I can't let the day go by with out paying homage to my little sister Cami. Today is her day and i hope it's a good one.

Growing up with her was always interesting. She was a scraper of a kid. Always getting into things and always dirty. She would never let my parents cut her nails because that was her only defense against old brothers and sisters. I can still see those dirty little finger nails as they pinched me. I thought for sure i would get an infection from them. Other than that though i didn't have much interaction with her. We had quite a big age gap between us so we never did much together.

As the years have passed Cami and i have spent more time together. Who will ever forget Johnny and Cami's day of fun. A Few years ago while we were on the coast, Cami and i went to the Queen Mary and had a blast. I still look back fondly on that day and hope to have the chance again to hang with my little sister.

She is a year older today and maybe a year wiser. I know she has her demons and battles them each and every day, but if anyone has the strength and determination to make a change for the better IT IS HER. The spirit is strong in her and the desire to do and be better is admirable.

I love you Cami and i hope you have a great day. And give that dang cute kid a big kiss from his Uncle John.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Day of fun, jerks!